Case Manager (Part Time) Remote work from home (June 2015)
The Veterans Farm www.veteransfarm.org mission is to help veterans reintegrate back into society through the use of our Beginning Farmer fellowship program. While working together in a relaxed, open environment veterans will work as a team to develop solutions that will enable them to overcome physical and mental barriers. Through our training fellowship program veterans will learn the skills and gain the education they need to start their own local farm or to work for larger farming organizations.
- Develop an effective case plan for veterans based on individual needs.
- Research database and files for background information on returning veterans.
- Conduct an intake discussion with veteran, obtaining as much relevant information as possible.
- Assess veteran’s needs for basis of developing individual case plan.
- Review case plan with veteran, providing resource information, referrals, and direction.
- Set expectations with veteran of agency guidelines and compliance with case plan.
- Support veteran in achieving case plan goals.
- Conduct follow-up discussions and provide walk-in assistance as needed.
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to support veterans in adhering to the case plan. Determine and administer consequences for non-compliance with case plan goals.
- Assist veteran in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals. Act as an advocate for the veteran, as appropriate, with extension requests, Re-entry & Review Committee participation, etc.
- Provide administrative support. Maintain complete and organized client files.
- Enter relevant data in case management software system on a timely basis.
- Compile data and produce reports for analysis and assessment of program effectiveness.
- Close out files as needed.
- Establish and maintain agriculture/USDA referral resources in the community.
- Attend Veterans Farm new beginning farmer rancher workshops
- Engage public about through speaking engagements about the Veterans Farm farming programs.
The Veterans Farms objectives and goals
1) Provide a 3 month intensive training curriculum for New Beginning Veteran Farmer/Ranchers.
2) Provide Educational scholarships for 4 week introductory training session.
4) To provide intensive case management, resources, extended outreach and post follow up.
5) To collaborate and work with local farmers, organic associations, community business leaders and the community at large to organize support around the new beginning veteran farmer/rancher.
6) To ensure that a long-term fellowship program will offer a unique tenure model to connect beginning farmers to lease and land purchase opportunities. Support for this stage will be offered through workshops, direct consultation, planning tools, and production information to support veteran farmers as they become established
7) Provide Educational Scholarships, Farming workshops, referrals and matching veterans with experience farming mentors
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor degree in social, case management or behavioral science or related field.
- 2 year directly related experience.
- Experience working with the veterans, active duty or military spouses
- Knowledge of available Resources at the USDA.
- Excellent computer skills with case management software proficiency
- Demonstrate communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new programs
- Demonstrate the ability to speak publicly to groups of 100 or more about USDA/Veterans Farm programs.
Preferred skill● Proficient in business planning● Knowledgeable about agro-business● Knowledgeable about USDA’s New Beginning Veterans Farmer programs
Veterans Farm requires background checks